Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's hard to believe that it is Friday already.  Usually the short weeks drag on for me, but this was different!  I am guessing it had something to do with the fact that I had some after-work appointments, which made the days seem to be relatively quick!

1.  My mom is coming to visit!!!  Pending the weather, of course.  We get 70 degree weather all week, and then there is the potential for snow up by my parents this weekend.  Not cool.  But assuming everything is fine and she is coming, we have fun plans to decorate for spring and go antique shopping.  I am excited!  

2.  Essie "Haute to Trot" Nail Polish.  I picked this up last weekend at Target and I really love it.  It's the perfect light pink color.  I normally stick to neutrals on my fingers, but I am really loving this pop of color.      

3.  Gala pic.  I finally was able to find a picture from the gala I went to a few weekends ago.  It's not full length, but I think it still shows the dress pretty well!

4.  Bruno Mars.  Ever since his Grammy's performance, I haven't been able to get his "That's What I Like" song out of my head.  I also realized that he did carpool karaoke with James Corden which I love! 
5.  This dress.  I have been seeing it on multiple blogs and every time it just makes me like it more and more.  I really hope it goes on sale soon, because while I do love it, I can't totally justify the price as-is since it can't do double duty as work wear, too.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

28 comments:

  1. Have so much fun with your mom!! That nail polish is so cute and I've been eyeing that dress too! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gala picture!! The dress is so flattering on you! And I'm on the hunt for new fingernail polish and I love that pink! Have fun with your mom this weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike sharing essie today!! Look at you on town and style - gorgeous picture girl!!! Happy weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that nail polish color! It's perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty in the Gala pic!! And that dress screams Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like the gel? I love my normal essie bottles so much I don't want to switch to the twisty ones, but if it's lots better I might ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot! It lasts about 9 days for me, which I love and it takes no time at all to put on which is ideal, too!

      Delete
  7. Yassssss! You found a pictures from the gala!! Carpool Karaoke with Bruno Mars was the only one (aside from Britney's) that I watched - so so good! I love his music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gala picture! You look great! I really like that pink color of nail polish. I have been wearing a lot of nudes on my nails recently but yesterday I picked up a baby blue color and I'm really liking it...it is very springy!

    Happy Weekend! Have a great time with your mom...fingers crossed no snow :)
    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/2017/02/friday-favorites_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so pretty! And I love that nail color-so bright and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that the weather doesn't ruin your plans with your mom! And you're so right, that dress is so adorable, and I really love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have so much fun with your mom! You looked super in that dress. That song is being used in my cardio dance class right now and I LOVE it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gala dress-- you look gorgeous! I still haven't tried the new Essie line, do you notice it being different than their original formula? Love that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is since it is the "gel" line, but it goes on great and really lasts!!

      Delete
  13. Love your dress in that picture from the gala! Hoping your mom is able to make it to you this weekend safely!! And I have been seeing that dress everywhere too and love it...just not the price lol. Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooooove Bruno! Also, Carpool Karaoke is one of my favorites! I think James Corden is darling! Crossing my fingers that your mom will be able to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Friday! Hoping the weather works out for you and you can get some mom time in. Antiquing would be so much fun! You looked great for that gala. Glad you were able to find a pic. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your mom makes it to you to visit!! Love that nail polish color - great for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got that color on my toes right now! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that pink dress. I hope your Mom gets to visit! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love Bruno Mars. I think seeing him live would be great because he's so lively and a great dancer. Love the nail color! I really want to try those Essie Gel Polish colors. I hear they stay on a long time, and I need that since I don't do my nails often. LOVE the dress. Looks perfect for spring and Easter.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your mom is able to make it! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That polish is gorgeous!! Love the color for spring. Sure hope the weather cooperates so your mom can come visit you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhh I'm loving that nail polish color you picked out and that dress is SO cute! Happy Friday! :)

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  23. That dress screams spring!! Hoping it goes on sale for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute nail color! I'm always a fan of light pinks and neutral colors. You should have posted your gala pic! Have a great time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that dress, it would go great with the nail polish! :) Have fun with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay, I'm so glad you were finally able to to find a picture from the gala! You look so cute! I just love that dress.

    ReplyDelete