Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: February 2017


I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Steak & Eggs
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken
Thursday: Sausage Broccoli Pasta
Friday: Leftovers

What I'm reminiscing about...last weekend.  It was a really, really good one.  I ended yesterday's post with tentative plans for the day, and this is how they actually turned out.  The dress at Old Navy was not that cute on me, the hem hit me at a weird spot, but I picked up a plain white tank and a plain white v-neck top instead.  Love to stock up on those basics, and the sleeves on the v-neck is just the perfect length.  Then an unplanned lunch out made the day off seem even sweeter!

What I'm loving...the crazy warm weather.  It's like summer in winter!  While it makes me a little nervous (it's just weird to be this warm in the midwest in the winter!), I have actually been embracing it.  The past few years I have really started to appreciate the winter, and while I still really really want one good snow storm, these last few days have been great.  

What I've been up to...still trying to work on eating right and working out.  Things at work have slowed down a bit, so that has been really nice.  

What I'm dreading...not a thing at the moment!

What I'm working on...clearing out my DVR and making my way through my reading pile.  I have a bunch of Fixer Upper episodes just waiting to be watched, and I feel like I always over estimate my reading time when at the library.  I just want to check out all the books!!!  

What I'm excited about...spring!  We have gotten such a taste of it, and now I really am ready for it.

What I'm watching...I recorded the first episode of Doubt, which I will be interested to see how the next few shows are of that.  Other than that new one, it's things as usual.  I know that there is a new HGTV show coming out in March, called Home Town.  I loved the pilot and cannot wait for the actual season to start.  I have been following the husband and wife on instagram since and they are very reminiscent of Chip and Joanna in that they seem like the sweetest people.  

What I'm listening to...I just put A Walk to Remember soundtrack in my car earlier this week.  I was absolutely obsessed with it when the movie came out, and that has not changed!  

What I'm wearing...warm weather clothes!!!  Monday was so warm, I was able to break out my favorite Lilly dress, and then tomorrow I will be doing another work wear post (see my previous work wear for the week post here) and will be sharing my outfits for the work week!

What I'm doing this weekend...weather permitting, my mom is coming down to visit and help me decorate for spring.  I really hope it works out!!

What I'm looking forward to next month...a few different things but the biggest one by far is my 30th birthday!!!


Bonus Question: Who is your "can't live without" beauty product...This is a tough one for me.  I would say the top three things are chapstick, moisturizer and mascara.  I am constantly applying chapstick, and I am realizing how important moisturizer is, but if you are talking about make up, then mascara is by far my must-have item.  I feel like pretty lashes can make such a huge difference.

24 comments:

  1. I am a huge chapstick fan too, and I even reapply in the middle of the night when I wake up haha! Crazy, I know! And I had the Walk to Remember soundtrack!! I listened to it all the time! And your birthday is coming up! When is the actual day?!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being birthday month twins and turning 30 at the same time!! I'm looking forward to warmer weather too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 30 in the house next month, girl it goes by so fast! I have a bunch of Fixer Uppers to watch too, FU marathon!!! :-) Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo 30 next month! Do you have anything big planned? I'm with you, now that we've had this awesome weather, I am over winter and ready for Spring! I always need to get new basics every season it seems and Old Navys are some of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much on my DVR right now too that I need to get through. I want to check out that Home Town show! I can't wait for spring as well since I love wearing spring colors and want to break them out now. How exciting that you have your 30th birthday to look forward too next month!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crispy mustard roasted chicken sounds so yummy! I'm a serious Chapstick addict. I go through probably a tube a month, it's so bad! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm craving spring too! My grocery store had the prettiest spring flowers yesterday and it gave me all the feels! so ready! My birthday is next month too!! I'll be 29! Yay for March babies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A walk to remember? Wow awesome throwback! (cue all the tears!) Also, did you share this cispy mustard chicken bc that sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a chapstick addict too! Chapstick and hand lotion both applied multiple times a day every day, haha! 30th birthday is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES the Walk To Remember soundtrack is everything!! Still just the best, and now that Mandy Moore is on This Is Us it has totally reignited my love for her. Old Navy has the absolute best basics, I am honestly placing another order there today, I think. And this weather has been so crazy, but incredible! Hope you enjoy this last nice weather day, we are supposedly in for a blizzard come tomorrow night :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooved that soundtrack, I think I still know all of the words to only hope & love to pretend I can sing, haha. We just caught up on a couple of the Fixer Upper episodes we were behind on and there were so many funny Chip moments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dirty 30!! Oh my goodness I so remember that year. The weather has been oh so perfect here in Texas too. Eating healthy..blah...I actually love eating healthy but I still eat too much and I've got to get back in my shorts.

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been working on clearing out my DVR as well, but it's SO full of real housewives shoes, Teen Mom and The Bachelor -- which I've given up on catching up on. LOL! Hope your mom gets to visit you!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just talking about A Walk to Remember the other day! Such a great movie! I'm also loving the warm days! Not having to throw on layers of clothing has been so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how unplanned events turn out to be a good time! I am loving this nicer weather too and can't wait for spring. Yay for an upcoming birthday month and joining the club :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm right with you on wanting another snowstorm but enjoying the nice warm weather. I saw flowers blooming yesterday and thought "it's February, what world am I living in?" Excited to catch that new HGTV show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo for your birthday next month!! Have so much fun with your mom this weekend! I might just decorate for spring this weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know it's a good week when you get to break out the Lilly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bummer that the Old Navy dress didn't fit you that great. I have two things coming any day now, so hopefully they will fit me right! One of the dresses I ordered is very similar to that chambray dress so hopefully it won't look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG finding old cds from the 90s and early 2000s is the best! I loved How to Deal with Mandy Moore back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! Yes! And yes! To those three beauty products!!! Happy Wednesday, and good find in the link-up

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, the Walk to Remember soundtrack!! I haven't thought of that in years but I used to LOVE it!! I am going to need to pull that CD out tomorrow!

    I'm loving the warm weather too! I will be so sad if it cools down again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just saw the picture of the reunion from A Walk to Remember. I loved that movie and now it is fun to see Mandy Moore on this is us. So jealous of your warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This weather is nuts! I can't decide if it's going to surprise us and get cold again or if Spring is here to stay. I love clearing things off my DVR and am also trying to get through a stack of books. Hope you've got some fun plans in the works for your 30th :)

    ReplyDelete