Wednesday, March 15, 2017

30th Birthday Recap: Part 1

I celebrated my 30th birthday on Monday - you can read all about how I came in the world here.  Thanks again to my mom for putting it together - LOVED reading it and knowing my story!

To celebrate my birthday, we decided to stay close and spent the night at a hotel in town, The Cheshire.  It's a really neat and historic place, with themed rooms based on English authors / characters.  We had the James Bond room, which was super neat.  The hotel itself just has a really cool atmosphere, which we loved.  Unfortunately, the service wasn't great, and a few things in the room were kind of annoying, like a phone that didn't work, so I don't think we will be back again.  Still super glad we tried it out though.  Boundary is right across the parking lot from the hotel, so we opted there for dinner.  We have been for brunch before, and I have to say, the brunch was better than the dinner.  They did have a super good cocktail, a 1904 Mule, that we both enjoyed.  After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and got drinks at the bar in the hotel, Fox & Hounds.  It was SO NEAT in there, very dark, with lots of comfy chairs, a fire going - very small and intimate.  I can definitely see stopping there again for post dinner drinks some night out.  






I chose Southwest Diner for breakfast.  We started with the sopapillas which is ridiculously good, and then I went with the huevos rancheros for my meal.  Again, very good.  I love going to the movies, so next on our list was the movie theater to see Logan.  It got such great reviews, and I have to say it was very good.  A bit more sad and deep than your normal Marvel movies, but I think that was the point, since it's the end of an era, really.  They gave us a taste of Deadpool 2 before hand, which was great.  Ryan Reynolds is just great in that character, and I cannot wait to see what the second movie brings, because the first one was so good!  I was on a Mexican binge Monday, so it was off for some margs and cheese dip, before heading home to relax for the rest of the evening.
  

It was such a great birthday, and I am excited, because it's going to be a full birthday week.  Lots of love Monday from family and friends, lunch with my best gal pal yesterday, a big birthday present / purchase, and then celebrating again with my family this coming weekend.

I think when you hit a milestone, it brings you a lot of reflection.  When you are younger, you have an idea of what your life will be at these ages, more than year-to-year birthdays, and often times, what you think will be is not.  But then you think of all that has happened and where you are now, you realize that, although different, it's just as good, if not better than what you originally had 'planned'.  So cheers to 30 - may you be the best year yet!  

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.
  

22 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great birthday and that you're going to continue the celebration! Also, I'm obsessed with your present :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday! Sorry the hotel wasn't all that it had hyped up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome birthday week! Glad you had a good time even though the hotel wasn't fabulous! Enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birthday!
    Xo, Elizabeth
    http://stripesandsolitaires.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 is going to be a great year for you!! It sounds like you had some amazing food and the pictures have me drooling!!! Yay for a weeklong celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great birthday! I love that you did a little staycation to celebrate - sometimes those are the best types of celebrations. Hope your 30th year continues to be excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun birthday celebration! The James Bond room looks so cool, such a bummer the service wasn't a little bit better though. Your Southwest Diner brunch sounds delicious & yay for a full week of celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to 30 years my dear! Hope this is the best yet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered if you had someone special in your life? I am glad you do!Happy Happy Birthday to my St. Louis friend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had such a fun birthday celebration! Exciting that the celebrations are still continuing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cool theme for a hotel! That sucks about the service though. Happy Birthday, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend celebrating! Sorry the hotel disappointed but the themed rooms sound cool! Can't wait to see what present was in that pretty LV box :)
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a bummer that the service wasn't that great at the hotel, but it sounds like the rest of your birthday was perfect! All of that food sounds so amazing, and now I'm starting to get hungry! I hope that 30 is the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That hotel room is so awesome!! Bummer that the service wasn't that great. It sounds like you're ringing in 30 right, though! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday gurlie! How neat is that hotel, my husband would love that James Bond themed room! Sorry it was disappointing though. But yummmmm to that breakfast <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun birthday!! Sorry that the hotel disappointed you. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your new bday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great birthday weekend. All of that Mexican food looks really good! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, girl!! That hotel room is SUPER fun, but boo to a few hiccups while staying there. Cheers to 30- I am right behind ya!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheers to 30, girl! It sounds like your celebrating has been off to a great start. How neat is that hotel with all different themed rooms! All of your food and drinks sound so good too. Hoping the rest of your celebrating is just as fun. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hotel room looks awesome! Bummer the service wasn't up to par. What an awesome birthday weekend/week. What a way to bring in 30! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. As I got older, every year brought reflection! LOL

    I love the themed rooms. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable hotel!! Mexican for breakfast is always a win. Glad you had a fun celebration.

    ReplyDelete