Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Boca Raton, Florida

Hey all!  The last few days I have been in Boca Raton for a work conference.  It was my first time in Boca Raton, but hopefully won't be my last - it's just gorgeous!

Before I get to it - quick reminder about the link up tomorrow!  Join us and share about a time when you have been really lucky!

My flight was early on Sunday.  I love using flight time to read, and finally got to The Magnolia Story.  My mom pre-ordered the book and gave it to me after she read it...and months later it was still sitting in my reading pile.  I will share more in my March book review, but I would highly suggest reading the book - even if you aren't a Fixer Upper fan.  It's pretty inspiring.  

The hotel we stayed at was the Boca Raton Resort and Club.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  It's this huge resort with the prettiest grounds.  I tried to snap some pictures when I wandered around on Sunday, but it just does not do it justice.  I also didn't get a full on view of the front of the resort in my pictures, but included a shot from the hotel website.  I just loved it.  Unfortunately, it was crazy windy Sunday, so I didn't get to sit out and enjoy the pool like I had hoped, but I did discover this little covered walk way where they had some comfy chairs, so I sat out there and read a bit.  It was the most relaxing thing.  There was a dinner reception on Sunday, and I have to say throughout the stay all the food was really just delicious.  

Monday was full of sessions, but we did make it out to one of the hotel restaurants, Lucca for dinner.  It had a really neat atmosphere, and the food was delicious.  I had the rigatoni, and ended my meal with pear sorbetti - yum!

The conference ended Tuesday, and then it was back to St. Louis that night.   

Boca Raton Resort and Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, FL - Resort Exterior














Linking up with Jenn & Jessi.


17 comments:

  1. How fun!! This makes me wish I had a job that included traveling! I'm pretty sure no one would want a teach and 80 crazy teenagers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you--I've had The Magnolia on my nightstand since Christmas and just picked it up Sunday and now I can't put it down! I'm also really jealous of your sunny FL time--even it if was for a conference ha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to this part of Florida, but it looks gorgeous! I loved the Magnolia Story as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a shabby place for a work conference at all!! Welcome back girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful resort and fun place for a work trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay how pretty! I miss traveling for work..may need to make sure conferences a time or two a year are included in whatever my next job is. That resort looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard nothing but amazing things about Boca Raton!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks stunning- what an awesome location for a work trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very nice looks lovely! Already have my post ready for tomorrow :)

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The palm trees against the pink building are so fun. What a great refresh as Spring nears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous place! I've never been, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. I bet it was nice for you to get away and be somewhere with warmer weather. I hope you're feeling better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That resort is beyond beautiful! Even though it was a short trip it sounds like you made the most of your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS resort, love love love Boca! You've been on some amazing work trips gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boca is gorgeous! It's definitely an added bonus to travel for work when the destination is beautiful and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Not bad at all for a work trip! I've lived in Florida my whole life and some how never made it to Boca!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sorority sis/roomie in college was from Boca. I haven't been, but that's the place to go - if you can afford it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is a gorgeous hotel and location. Sunny Florida for work trips is the best!

    ReplyDelete