Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday Favorites: Birthday Week!

It's been a pretty darn good birthday week, so all my favorites today are birthday related.  

1.  I had a great birthday celebration at the start of the week that you can read about here.  A hotel stay, dinner out, drinks, followed by a day off with a yummy breakfast and a movie (and movie theater popcorn!).  


Neverfull MM Monogram Canvas in WOMEN's HANDBAGS  collections by Louis Vuitton
2.  I extended my time off through Tuesday, where I picked up my BIG birthday present.  I have been lusting after a Louis Vuitton for years - probably ever since I heard about the brand / bags.  I noticed the other day that my current bag was showing a bit of wear, plus the bonus of getting my tax return back, led me to really consider actually purchasing a new bag soon.  Once that thought came into my head, a LV turned into a perfect 30th birthday present idea - a present from myself, with the helps of others.  I redid a little bit of research, because let's be real, I have thought about this forever so it wasn't my first go around looking, and made sure I was set on which purse I actually wanted.  I was in and out of the store in probably 15 minutes, leaving as the new owner of a monogrammed neverfull mm.  To say I am obsessed would be an understatement.  

3.  After I got my bag, I headed to lunch with one of my best friends.  It was great to see her and her little one.  Loved being able to keep on celebrating, even if it was back to reality / chores when I headed home after lunch.



4.  I came into work on Wednesday to lots of goodies and the infamous birthday trophy.  My company had this huge, awful traveling birthday trophy some years ago, that thankfully got tossed out when we moved to our new headquarters.  However, someone decided the tradition needed to be brought back so a new one was created shortly after we were settled in the new buildings.  It's passed around for milestone birthdays, and everyone has to add a little something to the trophy when they receive it.  I took the card I got and cut out the '30' portion, added my name and the date, and pinned it to the new trophy.  The birthday person gets to keep the trophy until it is someone else's milestone, and I am happy to say that I was only the keeper for a few days, with someone else celebrating a big birthday today!  I am thankful for generous co-workers, and even for those that so kindly remembered to get the trophy for me.  Truth be told, it does add an extra bit of fun.

5.  The fun just doesn't stop there, though.  I am going to be spending the weekend with my family and I cannot wait.  It will be so nice to see everyone.  My mom is making my very favorite cupcakes (yellow cake, chocolate frosting and round sprinkles), and I am just looking forward to hanging out and spending time with my favorite people.

Before I end, just wanted to throw this out there.  Rachel, over at Rachel Emily, had some free Hello Fresh box codes, and I was lucky enough to get one before they were all gone.  My first box is set to arrive next Tuesday, and I am super excited to give it a try.  When I signed up, I was given a referral code.  If you use EMILYANND on your first box, you will receive $40 off, and I will also receive $20 in credit.  To give you an idea, the box I am getting is 3 meals for 2 people, which cost just under $60.  So if you go for that option, then you are getting 3 meals for 2 people for $20 - pretty good deal I think!  They have other combinations, too, like a veggie option, family option, more meals for more people, etc.  Anyways, just wanted to let you know in case you had been wanting to try Hello Fresh, but would rather test it out at a discount.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

18 comments:

  1. So glad it's been a fun birthday week! Sounds like you've had all kinds of awesome things going on, but it sounds like that bag definitely hit the top of the list. I think 30 is the perfect time to spoil yourself! The work birthday trophy is pretty hilarious lol. Have so much fun with your family this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag!! What an amazing gift to yourself. And I honestly love that trophy. Where I work it usually isn't even acknowledged if it's a birthday..I think it means so much to do little things like that. Have the best weekend with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a LV, LOVE it. And guess what? I am featuring you as one of the birthday girls over at the Blended Blog today as one of my favs of the week. Happy weekend beautiful babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it right now.

    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your LV and wish I was a member of that club! I too have been lusting for YEARS (like since college) and haven't jumped the gun to purchase. My husband and I may be venturing into something for additional income and if it works out, this may be my celebratory gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I think the birthday trophy is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that back! I'm sure you are obsessed. I'm glad you had a great birthday. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great birthday gift to yourself that you'll be able to use for years and years! Looove the birthday trophy you work has, haha, what a fun tradition! I can't wait to hear what you think of HelloFresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it has been a great birthday week! Love your new bag. It is so fantastic. Wow, I love that your office has a birthday trophy. You must work with some really nice people. That must be nice. My office is filled with miserable people who never celebrate anything. So you are clearly very blessed. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got the neverfull - get ready girl its going to be your most loved bag ever!! I use mine practically every day!! Happy birthday again girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fab birthday week and so exciting you got your dream purse! I don't own anything from NV. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are having so many birthday celebrations! You deserve it girly! Have a great weekend with your family :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun week celebrating your birthday!!!! And so exciting that the celebrating will continue into this weekend with all of your family! Love that bag, such a fun way to treat yourself!! Have a great weekend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for splurging on yourself! You deserve it, girl! And it's soooo pretty! That work trophy is such a fun idea! I need to implement something like that here. Enjoy your weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you had a great birthday week! I've always wanted a Louie! One day. What a great gift for yourself. Haha that birthday trophy is pretty fun. Enjoy your weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday week - how wonderful. I'm glad you were able to get the purse as a Birthday gift to yourself! It's a milestone birthday - well worth it!
    Have a great weekend - yum, cupcakes!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bag is beautiful!!! You totally deserve it! Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome birthday week!!! That trophy idea is awesome your work started! I hope you're enjoying your time with family! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you gifting to yourself! We just got our first Hello Fresh box last week..yum.

    ReplyDelete