Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Favorites: Internet is back!

Happy Friday!  This is coming at you a bit later than normal - unfortunately, my internet was out alllllll night last night.  Talk about frustrating.  And somehow it is magically working this morning, but hey, I will take it!


1.  I am happy to say that I am finally getting better!  While I still have a nagging cough (that continues to lessen), I can breath and sleep through the night - two things definitely worth celebrating!


2.  I shared on Wednesday a little bit about the work trip I took earlier this week.  I had a conference in Boca Raton, Florida, and it was such a neat place.  I am a sucker for architecture, and this place had LOADS of it!  I spent some time outside reading after we first got there, before the actual work started, and I have to say I just felt ridiculously relaxed afterwards.  Too bad that feeling couldn't have lasted a bit longer!

3.  Yesterday for lunch I tried a new Thai / Japanese place called Zen.  I have had Thai food once before from a different place, but even the lowest spice level was a bit spicy for me.  Luckily this place was perfect for me, I said non spicy, and it wasn't at all!  I had the Pad Thai Tempura (pad thai with shrimp tempura) and holy cow it was delicious!  With their lunches, you also get a little cup of miso soup and two spring rolls - again, both very delicious.  The serving size was pretty large, especially with what you get beforehand, so I got a to go box and probably have enough for two smaller meals.  If you are local, I definitely suggest checking out!



4.  Our girl chat link up was yesterday.  We wrote about being lucky and my choice was a no brainer - my family.  As I get older, I realize more and more how lucky I am to have the relationships I do with them, and how great of a support system they are!  As reminder, our link up is every second Thursday of the month - we'd love you to join us next month (April 13th) where we will be sharing Easter traditions.      

5.  My birthday is on Monday - the big 3-0!  It really snuck up on me, so I feel a little unprepared for this milestone.  The day will be here soon, though, and I am ready to celebrate!  

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

17 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday girl!! I hope this weekend brings you lots of celebrating! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pad thai tempura! So yummy!! So glad you are feeling better! Are you celebrating your birthday this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday!!! Do you have any fun plans to celebrate this weekend? I love pad Thai but havnt had it in years. Sounds so yummy!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're starting to feel better! Man your description of the Pad Thai has me salivating!! Can't wait until I can get another order of it! :)
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday! Glad you are feeling a little better. Thai food is my favorite but we love spice over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're finally feeling better. Being sick for so long is exhausting. Your work trip sounded like a blast and I hope you've got some fun things in the works to celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your Boca pictures are so pretty! Hope you feel much better soon & have a great weekend celebrating your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thai food is always too spicy for me too! I'm a baby when it comes to spice! Good thing you found a place that actually makes it mild :) Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy early birthday! How does one even prepare for a milestone anyway? Celebrate big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy early birthday!! I hope you have a super fun weekend doing things to celebrate early! <3 Love that your job sends you on such neat trips and outings! I'm sure you enjoyed the warm weather. We are heading to FL in two weeks and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually get no spice when I get thai food too and pad thai is usually my go-to, adding shrimp tempura to it sounds sooo good! So glad your internet is back and that you're on the mend from your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOOOOVE Thai food! Gimme all the spring rolls! And girl, you and Biana are only three days apart! You probably already saw that she's the big 3-0 today! Happy happy birthday!! Enjoy your weekend! I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Early Birthday! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I HATE being sick, especially with colds because they just linger.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are starting to feel better and glad your internet is back! I love Boca and all that wonderful sunshine. I hope you have a great weekend and happy early birthday! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you do something super special this weekend to ring in the bit 3-0!! I seriously loved turning 30.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy early birthday! How exciting!! I'm slowly creeping up on the big 3-0 too and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy early birthday! Hope it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete