Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Favorites: Post-Birthday Blues

Happy Friday!  I feel like I always say that, but it's so true - is there ever a not-happy Friday?  Of course, as I type that, I come up with a bunch of different ways that Friday can be bad, so I digress. 

To be honest with you, though, this week has been kind of blah.  I have been feeling a bit 'off' all week and just eh for no real reason.  I realized this funk was probably brought on by my birthday passing.  It was such a great week, such a high all week long with loved ones and then this week it has been back to normal.  Nothing is really planned for the next few weeks to look forward to, work is about to get busy and stressful - just back to reality!  Here's to hoping a relaxing weekend will help to recharge and get me out of this funk!  Now for my favorites. 



1.  I saw this super cute dress on another blog and feel in love.  I think it would be perfect for work and play and it's on sale!  Nordstrom also has it, but in limited sizes.

2.  I received my Hello Fresh box this week.  I was super excited to give it a try and it did not disappoint!  Everything has been relatively easy to make and super delicious.  Just a reminder, you can get $40 off your first box (and I get $20 in credit) if you use the code EMILYANND.  

3.  We have had some really nice weather here lately.  Monday was in the 80's, Wednesday was in the 50's and so was Thursday.  Today is another warmer day, so the weekend is off to a good start!  I have been taking short walks around my apartment complex after work and it's been nice to just get out and enjoy the weather!

4.  There is a weight loss challenge at work starting next week and I am super excited about it.  A group of co-workers and I got together to form two teams for the competition.  It's going to be fun to have that added bit of rivalry between our teams - I expect a lot of trash talking.  Also, I am looking forward to having a bit more accountability when it comes to working out and eating better.  

5.  I have become obsessed with playing sudoku on my phone.  I loved doing it on paper and added an app to my phone awhile ago, but didn't really get into as much until very recently.  Now I choose it over reading!  If you are a fan, too, definitely look into downloading the app.     


Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

19 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful! And we've done a weight loss challenge at school before--we need to do another one! Someone needs to organize that haha! Have a great Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hello fresh so great to mix up dinners at home!! That dress is adorable - works for so many occasions!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, I may need that app as I love sudoko on paper too!! Sorry you've been in a funk, but I have a feeling a nice relaxing weekend will perk you back up!!! Wishing you a wonderful one beautiful girl and buy the dress!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome to hear you had a good experience with Hello Fresh-I have been dying to know what all the hype is about! Kind of a bummer to have a blah week-but such a blessing that your birthday week was SO awesome! Good luck with the weight loss challenge-it's always so helpful to be a part of a group to get motivated. Enjoy those warm temps this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That weight loss challenge sounds so fun! That's such a good way to try and loose some lbs! We are hitting 70's today and I cannot wait! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that dress! The sleeves and the pattern are so cute! And yay for warmer temps! We had an absolutely gorgeous week here (that I was stuck inside for!) so I'm hoping it stays this way! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. that dress is adorable and good luck with the weight loss challenge girl! you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't played sudoku in forever, but I used to be obsessed with it! That dress is so perfectly spring/summery! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a coupon for $50 off my first two boxes of Hello Fresh. Tempted to do it. What plan did you do and how many meals come with? I liked the classic at 9.99 each.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about trying out hello fresh, but I'm still not sure. I'm weird and kind of enjoy grocery shopping lol I should give it a shot though.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try Hello Fresh! I wish we would have a challenge like that at work...everyone here is always bringing in bad treats lol! Hope you have a great weekend and that the funk goes away! Those are zero fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that dress!! Hope this weekend is very relaxing and refreshing for you and can help get you out of your funk. We've all been there....everyone goes through a funk every now and then. Just gotta keep pushing through and you can do it!! We have never tried Hello Fresh but it looks very interesting and fun! Love the idea of a weight loss challenge, I would love the accountability!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for nice weather, and LOVING that dress! Definitely a happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh nice dress! I'm trying to hold off on too much clothes shopping for the moment because I want to lose some more weight, but I'm definitely eyeing a lot. haha I hope your weight loss challenge at work goes well! Accountability is always a nice way to stick to goals. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean! I feel like unless I have something planned, the weeks just seem to drag by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too have felt off this week and didn't think Friday was ever going to arrive. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is perfect for spring. I love that you have a weight loss challenge going on at work. I know what you mean about feeling blah after coming off of having such a good time. Hopefully the weekend will be a relaxing and enjoyable one for you :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dress looks super comfy and cute! Sorry to hear about the post-birthday blues! Hopefully you get to rest up and recharge the batteries this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is too cute! A weight loss challenge at work sounds like fun..and I need the accountability. Y'all should totally mentally prepare your group and then bring some crazy awesome dessert or donuts for the other team! haha

    ReplyDelete