Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2017 Goals

I wanted to start off this post with a little real talk.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I forgot to pull ground beef from the freezer to thaw for dinner.  I didn't get home until about 6:30 (unexpected long day at work), still attempting to get over being sick (I have gone from the stuffed up nose phase to the dripping like a faucet nose phase), and dinner ended up being Chipotle, because I for sure did not want to cook.  I have been trying to get ahead on my blog posts, but this one I didn't start one until after I got home and just say for a bit.  I just thought it was kind of ironic, because my post yesterday was all about what I do to try and ensure my weeks go smoothly with work and home life.  At the end I said be realistic, and yesterday was the perfect example of that.  Anyways, I just wanted to share that, in case someone else had one of those days, too.  Now for the real reason for this post - goals!

February 2017 Goals:

1.  Budget!  Ooops - didn't do this one again!  Maybe this month will be the month!

2.  Make 3 'cookbook' recipes.  I had plans to make three different cookbook recipes, but ended up only making one.  Ina Garten's Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken was a definite winner and easy to boot!  It took a little while to bake, but was really easy to whip up.  I was able to find it online to share, and I definitely suggest giving it a go.  

3.  Clean up iPhone apps.  Done!  This took hardly any time at all - I was able to get rid of an entire 'app page' on my phone!

4.  #14daysoflovephoto2017.  I missed one day, but I still count it as a success!  If you want to check out my posts, you can follow me at @emilyanndunham.  

Image result for march images
via 

March 2017 Goals:

1.  Budget!  This WILL get done!

2.  Schedule a dermatologist appointment.  For some reason I hate making doctor appointments.  It takes me forever to actually call and set up that first appointment.  I know it's terrible and recently I found a few spots I want to get checked out.  I know these types of things are no joke, so I want to make sure to get this done and out of the way ASAP!

3.  Begin to organize.  One of my New Year's Resolutions was organize everything.  Usually when I get the itch, I just start right away.  This time, I wanted to read a little bit about the best ways to get organized, and take my time, so this isn't something that I constantly feel like I need to do.  But, this year is already flying by, so I need to get on it and get started.  I plan to start with my clothes first, so as long as I get through some of them, I will count this as a success.      

4.  CELEBRATE!  I am turning thirty this month!  I feel like it's a great milestone, and I really want to live it up with little celebrations with my favorite people.   

Linking up with Annie and Kristen.  

24 comments:

  1. I have to call my dermatologist and make an appointment too! I missed my yearly appointment in January and I've put off calling for a spring break appointment, so hopefully they have something. You need to call asap if you've found spots to check! If you tell them, they may try to get you in sooner. And yay for birthday month!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we all have "those days"...luckily they are only here and there and not every day. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Early Birthday!! Yes, go to the derm! Super important even though it can be a pain setting up appointments. I need to clean up my phone. That should go on my goal list in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that derm apt! It's so important. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is miserable. Yay for turning 30 this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh we all have those days! It took me 3 days last week to finally remember to thaw the chicken breast I had in the freezer! haha

    Hope you're feeling better soon hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Budgeting is always one I struggle with- I just started using a new app but I'm not a fan... I think I need to just create a Google spreadsheet and use that instead. I too need to go to the derm- it's been almost 3 years, yikes, and it's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I really need to clean up my iPhone apps. On my way into work this morning I was updating all my apps thinking to myself "Wow, I haven't used this app in forever!" And girl, make that derm appt asap! I hate making dr appts too but the sooner the better! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blog! It's refreshing. I am a new reader and found your blog via Meet the Shaneyfelts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to go to the lady DR but I hate going - so I never call for an appt. I dislike the phone in general, and always feel off kilter calling for an appt. I have to call during work, but then I hate to call from my desk & have everyone know my business so then I'm not in front of my calendar. UGH! Haha, such an adult thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for your birthday month! The recipe you made last month sounds delicious- and one new meal is better than zero! I hope the rest of this week goes a bit smoother for you & you can finally kick your cold this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always try to budget but then it just all goes to pot. I do need to get better with it. Please call and make that derm apt, it is so important to go!! Yay for turning 30!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same way with appointments. IDk why that is, either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for your birthday month! :) So exciting! I'm happy you're going to get those spots checked out - you're right, those are no joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you on taking forever to call doctors for appointments. I wait a long time, too! I'm sorry you had such a crazy day yesterday... hopefully everything will be back to normal today. And yay for birthday month!! 30 is a big deal! You definitely need to do something extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh gosh, i have definitely had one of those days. quite often. haha.
    i absolutely hate making doctors appointments as well. i feel you. even when i have spots/moles or issues to look at. it's so silly, just make the appointment and go, yet i'm with you. one of my first quarter goals is to go to the doctor(s) and i still haven't made any appointments. easy to ignore.
    birthday month! how exciting! i turned 30 in feb. high five :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am terrible at making Dr appointments, dammit, I just realized I forgot to call the orthodontist again for my oldest daughter.
    30 is a big milestone, definitely time to celebrate!!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Early Birthday!!! I'm turning 30 this year too but not until October. It's a big one!!! I have been having those days you described lately more than usual...I blame it on the winter but hopefully with March comes warmer weather and better days :). Hope you have a fun weekend, girl!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh I need to go to the dermatologist too :( Its so hard to make the first appointment but usually after that I just schedule it while I'm there which makes it easier. I'll have to do that..thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to delete some apps from my phone too. I'm running out of room on my phone and there's so many I don't use!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agh we all have days like that but I hope you're schedule gets smoother this week coming. I'm always forgetting to pull meat out the freezer resorting to breakfast for dinner or something odd like that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you're feeling better!! I have been putting off making some doctor appointments because it just seems to take a lot of time and I'm not exactly sure who I need to go and seeing being in a new town. So I've been asking for recommendations from friends and slowly making them happen. I love your goal of using real cookbooks and budgeting. I could improve in both of those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you feel better! I feel like I have had every virus that went around this winter. I just can't get a break. I hope yours goes away quickly! I need to set up a budget and stick to it. Maybe a goal for April!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am with you on making a dermatologist appt. I am so good about making them and I needed to go in December and it is March. Ugh. It is on my March goals too!

    ReplyDelete