Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Recipe Round Up: February 2017


Oven Crisp Chicken Wings.  I made these for Super Bowl Sunday and oh my word, were they good.  Not too hard to make, either!  I left out the butter part and just sprayed foil with cooking spray instead.  They were crisp, had great flavor, and really pretty easy to make!  The cayenne pepper does give them a little kick, so I would adjust the amount for your taste.  This will definitely be my go-to for making wings.


Strawberry Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Lindsay's Sweet World.  Lindsay shared this cookie recipe last month and I instantly wanted to try them myself.  I am not a fan of strawberry cake, so I instead thought of red velvet, in keeping with a Valentine's Day theme.  She definitely was not lying when she said the dough is super sticky.  I tried rolling one in the powdered sugar and it was a major fail.  I was super rushed on time, because I last minute decided to make these before dinner, which also needed to be made in the oven, so I just put them on the cookie sheet and put powdered sugar on top of the dough.  They didn't crinkle when they baked (because I didn't make them properly!), but boy were they DELICIOUS.  And only 4 ingredients, too.  I would definitely recommend making these, maybe when you have a tiny bit more time though, so you can handle the dough properly and get the pretty crinkle look hers have in the picture.

Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken by Ina Garten.  This is SO GOOD.  It takes a bit to bake, but really isn't hard at all to put together.  I imagine you could also roast some veggies on the same pan as you cook and have a full, one pan meal.  I also think you could interchange the mustard with a peppercorn spread, or something similar.  I did not use the thyme and lemon zest, because I am not all that crazy about thyme and I don't have a zester, but honestly, I didn't miss either one at all - it still felt like a delicious meal.

While I didn't as many new recipes as I had hoped in February, the ones I did were definitely winners!

What new recipes have you made lately?

Linking up with Whitney and Lindsay.
  

12 comments:

  1. Ive made the lemon crinkle cookies before and they are super yum! I was debating making some of these this weekend for my baby shower...probably won't get to it though haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ina Garten recipe looks so good! I need to try that one!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO!!! Ina Garden can do no wrong in my book, I need to try that chicken and then have a crinkle cookie, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wings look soo good, so I'm so happy to hear you liked the recipe! The Ina Garten chicken looks delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had of left reading your post until after lunch! I still have two hours and I'm hungry now haha It all looks and sounds so yummy! I will have to try all of it. I have made cookies like that with lemon cake so good but I doubt I will make them again because of how sticky it was! So annoying! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you liked them! I'll have to try your version soon!! I hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh these all look amazing! So glad to know those wings turned out great, I'm going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word those chicken wings look and sound delicious! I will definitely have to keep that in mind, my husband would love them and the kick of cayenne pepper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH I need to try making that chicken! I am so bad at cooking meats, I always end up making casseroles or pastas. But that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have made those cookies before and love them! Definitely agree with them being very sticky lol. That last chicken recipe looks delicious though!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That mustard chicken looks really good. I made funfetti crinkle cookies. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That mustard chicken looks delicious! I love those crinkle cookies and usually make them with a chocolate cake mix or lemon. Both are amazing. My husband loves red velvet so I'll have to give that flavor a try :)

    ReplyDelete