Thursday, March 16, 2017

Zaatar Bread

Today I have for you a delicious recipe - for any time of the day.  Traditionally a Lebanese breakfast (and my favorite meal to eat it), it is also perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.  


Zaatar Bread
Pizza Dough (I use the kind found in the refrigerated section)
Olive Oil
Zaatar Seasoning 
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (optional)

Cover a baking sheet with sides in foil, spray with cooking spray, and spread out pizza dough.  Bake according to package, usually 8 minutes.  Drizzle olive oil over the dough, then add on za'tar seasoning, spreading with the back of a spoon to even it out across the dough.  Top with cheese.  Bake, referring back to the package for time / temperature.  Let rest for a minute, then cut into squares.  Enjoy!

For the zaatar seasoning - below is a picture of what my container looks like.  I got it at the local international grocery store, but I am sure you can find it online, as well.

  
I like to serve this with hummus and some cucumbers.  Adding an egg, like in the picture makes it a bit more hearty - either way you can't go wrong!

Linking up with Annie.

7 comments:

  1. Zaatar is one of my favorite things-- we always use roll dough and I've never thought to add cheese, but I can see how it would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I will definitely be trying it if I can find some of that seasoning. It sounds delicious and I love hummus, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no idea zataar bread was traditionally breakfast. i will have to try it! looks so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks super delicious!! I've never heard of that seasoning, but I'm sure Whole Foods or our local HEB would have it.

    ReplyDelete