Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend - as always though, I just wish there were one more day to the weekend.

I saw Get Out on Friday night.  My cousin highly recommended the movie, and told me it wasn't THAT scary, more suspenseful and even funny, so he kind of sold me.  It was a really good movie.  Definitely a little scary, but there were some really great funny parts to help make it a good mix.  Some parts, I was like oh no, what were we thinking coming here, but overall a good movie, even for someone that does not like scary movies.

Saturday was a full day.  I headed out to meet a friend and one of her friends at a local park - Creve Coeur Lake.  It's such a great place, with all these different walking paths, water activities, sand volleyball, I mean just everything.  We walked the loop around the lake, then head to the Creve Coeur Lakehouse for lunch.  That was a hidden gem, just a really great little stop, right on the water.  We sat inside because it was still a little chilly, but I can totally imagine going back again and sitting on the deck with some drinks.  A friend was having a get together that evening, so I ended out the night with some grilling out, Cards Against Humanity and great company.  



I decided to check out a new to me grocery store on Sunday, Lucky Market.  Some of their produce seemed really reasonably priced, and since that was what the majority of my list, I thought it'd be the perfect time to give it a try.  It was a really neat place, but I unfortunately wasn't able to find everything I needed, so I had to stop at another store on my way home to finish up my list.  Not sure if I will be going back again, maybe for one off things, because I don't really love the idea of having to stop at multiple places to get things done.  Lunch was at Llywelyn's - always a great spot for a beer and yummy food.  My favorite thing was the sweet potato waffle fries, paired with a spicy dip which was delicious!  There were all these signs on the way to lunch for new developments, so out of curiosity we took a drive.  Some of the houses had vertical siding, which I just loved.  I haven't see that before really, and I really liked it on some of the houses, like the one for sale below.  I love to look at houses, so it was fun to see what was new and out there.  It was back home to get ready for the week with meal prep and laundry and get ready for the Cards home opener, which just happened to be against the Cubs!  I am writing this prior to the game, so hopefully it's a good one!


Linking up with Biana.

19 comments:

  1. You have to text me and tell me about the ending of that movie! I know I'm never going to watch it, but after seeing the previews so many times on tv, I have to know how it ends or what's the big secret or whatever! Your Saturday looked like the perfect Saturday!! And we love driving around looking at homes too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new housing development looks really nice!! I'm drooling over the sound of what you had for lunch - love waffle fries!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I love getting together with friends to walk. Makes the walk so much more. Enjoyable. I hate scary movies.. not sure that I could see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great weekend!! I have been hearing a lot about that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet potato waffle fries sound amazing!! Sounds like a fun/relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That house is basically my dream house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I loved Get Out! You are right, it wasn't terribly scary, but it had an interesting plot :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I've been to Llywelyn's before....it sounds familiar. I haven't been to STL since my relationship there many moons ago, but I'm pretty sure I've been there. So fun hearing about places I've visited when I used to be there!
    I'm glad you had a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that house is so gorgeous! I love the stone detailing! And ending the day with grilling and CAH is always a good idea! Happy Monday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place to walk! We love driving around looking at houses for ideas too! That vertical siding is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty is that park, and that wrap looks delish! CAH is always a great way to end the night <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the looks of that house! It's gorgeous. That wrap looks delicious. I think you've just decided what I'm going to make for lunches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Cards totally had that game, but in the 8th inning I thought the Cubs may have been able to pull off a win! That food looks awesome! Also that house is beautiful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It definitely sounds like full and fun weekend! And I probably wouldn't have wanted to go back to that grocery store either. It just doesn't make sense to go somewhere knowing that you'll have to add an extra stop afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That vertical siding is so classy! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that here. Your weekend sounded perfect! And that wrap looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard so many good things about Get Out, so I'm glad to hear you liked it too-- I'm sure it will be one we watch pretty quickly once it's out of theaters. Sounds like an overall fun weekend with friends and good food-- sweet potato waffle fries sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when I have to go to two stores to get everything I need. Definitely a pet peeve. I really want to see Get Out and have heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Creve Coeur Lakehouse sounds like a lovely place to grab some lunch outdoors on the water. Nothing beats that! Oh and that house is gorgeous...since I live in a new construction development which is only half way done, I love seeing the new and different style homes popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great weekend! Those sweet potato waffle fries sound awesome! And I really like the vertical siding! I've never seen that before either!

    ReplyDelete