Monday, April 10, 2017

Weekend Recap + Link Up Reminder

Happy Monday!

Friday topped off a long week at work, but the weekend started off right with a movie, Going In Style.  It was about the three older men who decided to rob a bank.  I really enjoyed it, and it kept me on the edge of my seat with how it would all end up.  The rest of the evening was spent catching up on DVR.  

The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Saturday.  It felt like summer!  I cleaned first thing (really need to get back to my Friday cleaning) and then headed out for a little shopping.  First stop was Three French Hens, for their spring open house.  It's such a neat store that you could just spend so much time in, looking at all the little details and things.  I picked up a new candle ring, a cute little bunny, a bird's nest and then a pick of the greens that were the same as the candle ring - all 20% off.  They had the best fake floral selection I have seen.  I almost purchased some tulips, they even felt real, but I didn't have a place for them, so they stayed out of my basket.  I also went to Loft to try on that eyelet skirt on my Work Wear Wish List, but unfortunately they didn't have it in store, and none of the stores in the area did either!  So I went home and ordered it, along with a few other items to try.  I had another little outing to Trader Joe's and picked up some yummy items, my favorite being the Mango Sorbet - such a sweet treat with less calories than regular ice cream.

I did my normal grocery shopping on Sunday, then went on the hunt for a specific cake mix for my mom.  Unfortunately, it was a no go, but luckily we found that she was able to order it online.  I had the windows opened all day - the fresh air was just so nice.  Sunday afternoon brought a super spontaneous trip to Hermann to enjoy the gorgeous weather at a winery.  That place is one of my favorites.  I hope to get back there again very soon!



Hope you all had the very best weekend!

Just a reminder - Thursday (the 13th) is this month's Girl Chat link up - we will be sharing all about our Easter traditions!

Linking up with Biana.
  

22 comments:

  1. What a perfect weekend! Bummer you couldn't find the skirt but yay for the internet! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Any outdoor eating is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the skirt didn't work out for you! That's always disappointing when you have high hopes for something and then go to try it on and it doesn't work. A spontaneous trip to a winery sounds wonderful! Enjoy your week!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good weekend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to enjoy some al fresco dining - that is my favorite thing to do this time of year! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds so nice! We had gorgeous weather Sat/Sun too, it was much needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wine yes!! I just signed up for a subscription wine service and I'm waiting for my first delivery and I am SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wine & cheese are my favorite! We saw Beauty & The Beast this weekend but were curios about Going In Style so maybe we will see that next. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost saw that movie over the weekend but didn't know if it would be any good. I'll add it to my list then! Love the wine and accoutrements!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to see Going In Style this weekend too! It was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it was a great weekend. I love al fresco dining. So happy that spring has finally showed up around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An online cake mix?! What's so special about it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost never have luck when I try and shop in store, hopefully once the skirt arrives you end up loving it! It has been soo nice getting fresh air- yay for spring finally being here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boo to the eyelet skirt not being in store, it's so pretty! But yay for beautiful weather, cheers to a great week gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice weekend! We enjoyed the weather too and I really hope it sticks around. The winery sounds like it was a great time too. Looking forward to our link up this week :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear some of my favorite days are just being able to relax at a winery because nothing beats good food and good wine and good company! It sounds like you had a great Sunday, and I love that you were able to keep the windows open! Hooray for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a perfect weekend girl! That weather looked incredible too, glad you guys were able to enjoy it! I was in a groove with cleaning on Fridays, but things have just been getting in the way. I try to do it as early as I can on Saturdays so I can enjoy the rest of my weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That eyelet skirt is just gorgeous! I would love one in white! You're making me want to go try it on... I wonder if they have it in our store?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been in many situations where I could not find ingredients I needed. Thank goodness for online shopping now, it saves me often. Yes to the beautiful weekend weather and I hope your week ahead is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is it a Trader Joes brand for the sorbet? I was just there this weekend and now I want to go back for the sorbet!!! Sounds like a great weekend. At least you got to order the skirt and cake mix online. LOVE online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A trip to the winery sounds perfect with lovely weather outside!

    ReplyDelete