Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Workin' It: Spring Cleaning

Tis the season for spring cleaning!  


Image result for spring cleaning images

To me, spring cleaning is all the extra cleaning that you don't do on a regular basis.  Washing windows, wiping down cabinets, reorganizing - that type of thing.  I have been lucky enough in the past to enlist my mom's help for a good cleaning.  I always find cleaning more enjoyable when she is there to help.  This year, I don't think it is in the cards with all that is going on, so I am flying solo.  My game plan is to go around in each room and make a list of things I want to accomplish.  I do well with lists, and always love checking things off, so I think this will be a good option for me. 

I also think that spring cleaning extends to the closets.  It's always nice to start a new season with a good cleanout, especially in the spring.  It reminds you of what you have and what you may need.  I have been slowly making my way through mine this past month, and I am hoping to finish it this month.  I shared my closet cleanout tips last year, and they still hold true.  

I love reading about cleaning tips and tricks, so I have loaded up on magazines (and will be checking out these link up posts) - The Magnolia Journal, Real Simple, HGTV Magazine, the list goes on and on - to help get myself motivated and learn a thing or two!

Other Workin' posts:
Workin' It: New Year's Resolutions 
Workin' It: Marriage Edition 
Workin' It: Work/Home Life Balance 

Just a reminder - tomorrow is this month's Girl Chat link up - we will be sharing all about our Easter traditions!

Linking up with Shay, Erika, Jenn and Jessi.  

13 comments:

  1. One of my friends told me that she deep cleans the inside of her house after she takes down Christmas decorations, so we tried that this year at our house. I mean, we had boxes of Christmas stuff everywhere and were on the floor washing baseboards haha! I think instead of doing that during the spring every year, I'm going to keep that as an after-Christmas chore, and I'll save washing windows for spring so I don't have to clean so much during the spring haha! Your mom sounds like a keeper if she comes to help you clean!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been trying to be really good about keeping the place clean throughout -so hopefully we wont have AS much spring cleaning to do, but yes to washing the windows that has to happen! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to work on all our closets!! I am going to do it, hopefully haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been making cleaning lists in my head for about a week now and this weekend I have a 4 day weekend so I plan on tackling as much of my spring cleaning as I can! I'm hoping for nice weather so I can have my windows open and all that good stuff.
    Going to get my post ready now for tomorrow :)

    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tackled the closet last week and feel SO good about it! haha The little things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did a massive spring cleaning of my closet and now I need to do the rest of the house! I'm so proud of how great my closet looks though haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lists are the best for tasks like this! I am doing the Apartment Therapy Spring Cleaning Tasks and it is giving me so much inspiration to get my house sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish I had time to spring clean! I barely have time to keep up with our regular household chores. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this link up topic today because deep cleaning is NOT my favorite thing to do, and all of these posts are motivating! The #1 things on my list to deep clean are my windows (inside and out) as well as my window screens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel so good when spring cleaning is over - this year I'm even happier to skip it since we're moving soon we'll just have the cleaners to a big deep clean once we get all our stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to find the time to do some spring cleaning. Time to put away all my winter clothing and bring out the spring/summer clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have gotten so much inspiration to Spring Clean after checking out the link up. We actually just hired a cleaning crew to deep clean once a month so that takes off some pressure for us and leaves room to declutter/purge and not sweat it if we don't get around to dusting every little crevice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely think cleaning out the closets once a year is huge! I still have two left to work on.

    ReplyDelete