Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  This weekend was a good one.

It started off right with a happy hour outside.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.  For anyone in the area, Bishop's Post has the best patio.  We opted for my favorite - cheese and charcuterie and tried out their wings.  Their wings are grilled and are so, so good.  Sometimes the service isn't the best, but we really lucked out with a great waitress and you cannot beat the outdoor atmosphere.



Saturday we headed to Springfield, IL to check out the Cubs / Cardinals exhibit.  We got in right around lunch time, and tried out a local microbrewery, Engrained.  I had their summer shandy and it was the perfect light beer.  So refreshing!  We headed to the Abraham Lincoln Museum for the exhibit.  A tip - if you are going to just see a specific exhibit, make sure to tell them, because the cost is cheaper than if you were to see the entire museum.  The Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals have a notorious rivalry - so much so that they created an exhibit on it!  And having grown up in Cubs country (my parents' neighbors literally painted part of their house 'Cub blue' and now living in the St. Louis area, it's especially relevant to me!  It's amazing to read all about the history on it.  And so cool to see the paraphernalia they had been able to collect, like an old ticket packet and old uniforms.  Just a super fun afternoon out.  I headed to the mall later that evening, on the hunt for new pillows and sheets.  Macy's was having a sale, so I picked up 2 new bed pillows and this 6 piece sheet set for under $55...I thought that was a great deal!  I also picked up a pair of tennis shoes.  I will be heading to New York in a bit and wanted to get something comfortable for walking that weren't my bright, clunkier gym shoes.  





I tried a new Starbuck's drink on Sunday.  This one may be my new favorite - Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato.  It has a few more calories than my recent go to, the Cinnamon Almond Milk Macchiato, but I figure what's 20 more calories, really?  I got it iced and thought it tasted a bit like chocolate milk.  Just so good!  The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, reading and trying to relax before another crazy week at work.  

Hope you all had a great weekend!  

Linking up with Biana.  

18 comments:

  1. Ah 20 more calories dont even count since you walk a lot right?! That's so fascinating about the rivalry - I had no idea!! Hope you have a great start to the week girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fun weekend! I love the Coconut Milk Mocha Mocchiato. I tried it a few weeks ago and it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Cubs/Cardinals exhibit sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely weekend!! Now I want a cheeseburger and beer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend, that burger, mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds like so much fun! I love the dress that you wore to the exhibit, and all of the food you ate this weekend sounds like so much fun! We're headed to Europe soon, so I also picked up a new pair of tennis shoes. There's no way that I'd be able to handle that much walking without proper support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really fun weekend! That burger looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun weekend! That outdoor dining looks just perfect-spring is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Starting off the weekend with outdoor appetizers is the best! I loved all the sales this weekend - great find with the bed set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the best when you find somewhere with an awesome patio-- dining outside once it's finally nice really is the best! I think that Starbucks drink is going to be the next one I try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a fun weekend! I'm so glad it's baseball season and sunny outside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great weekend! Outdoor dining is our favorite this time of year and any place that has twinkle lights like that one is definitely fun! That place looks so cute!

    And one of my coworkers was just telling me about that Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato... I'll have to try it the next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that dress. I don't really think about calories, I just try to eat a balanced diet and eat reasonable-sized portions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, the Coconut Milk Macchiato sounds good! And looks like a good weekend, Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to try that new Starbucks drink!!! I've been wanting to so maybe I'll drive myself over there tonight haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun weekend! I love when the weather is perfect for patio happy hours and even brunches. The cheese and charcuterie plate sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that dress you wore to the game. I need to try that new drink. Sounds a bit like heaven. And you are right, what is 20 calories. Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so pretty in that blue dress! I love it! Sounds like a fun weekend. :) I'm with Lindsay - anywhere outdoors on a pretty day is automatically my preferred spot to be.

    ReplyDelete